Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween

Thanks Kara for this blog post idea.  I reported to y'all that Martin was going to be a Lion for Halloween, and he still is, and he also still doesn't roar on command.  What's a mom to do?  Haha!  We are planning on going to the church's trunk-or-treat and I am excited.  I am not ready to do the door to door trick or treat yet, because Martin isn't old enough to eat the candy, and frankly I don't need all the sugar.  So, this will be perfect for us, and Bryan is off of work Monday so it will be the perfect opportunity for us three.  Can't wait!  I always loved Halloween.  Although, I am petrified of anything scary.  I remember one Halloween trying to act like I liked scary stuff when I was about 12 or 13, and it ended in me screaming bloody murder and crying when someone in a haunted house came after me with a chainsaw sans blade.  I LOST it, and my secret was out.

But, I always had some cool costumes.  And, my dad always did awesome makeup for whatever we wanted to be.  I was dracula one year, a cat from CATS another, and my dad and brother went as beetlejuice one year.  Ok, I wish I could find a picture of that.  Hands down best costume ever.  Dad took it a little serious.  He buried his and Johnny's clothes in the backyard for a month before so they would be "authentic".  They were authentic alright!  Ha.  Anyone who knows John Martin is NOT surprised by this.  And, truth be told, he wore the beetlejuice striped jeans a time or two after Halloween.  Not without Mom or I being mad at him for embarassing us.  But, I have learned that is what parents are for.

Anywho, this is the only Halloween picture I could find in my stash on such short notice.  But, wasn't I a cute bunny rabbit?  Also, you can tell from the picture that I was totally obsessed with stuffed animals and dolls.  What little girl isn't?  Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween!


I would have to ask mom, but I would guess I was about 6-8 here.  

1 comment:

Kara Paulk said...

So cute! I had that same glow bug thing in the background!