Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Can I just smile instead of saying "Trick or Treat"?

I think you are supposed to put some of that candy in my bucket

Candy please?

Reaching in The Ark for some candy

Dorothy and The Cowardly Lion

Checking out his loot.  Mom, don't you eat this stuff??

First sucker!  It was a HUGE hit.

Let me go get some more of these!

Haunted House

Little Lion tuckered out from the Trunk or Treat

Enough pictures mom, seriously!

Here is another sucker, someone open this!

I need to count my candy

On the run with 2 suckers

Fine, if you won't open it, I will eat the wrapper too

He would not be still for pictures....

Tough choice....which sucker??

Finally, they took the paper off

The Lion and the Pumpkin Man

I'm going to go hide over here and eat my sucker in peace.

Man this thing is GOOD!

In his pj's watching for trick-or-treaters

He got so tickled when he would see someone coming.


Martin had a great time!  And, he has a new found love for SUCKERS.  I mean, what kid doesn't love suckers?  But, he had never had one.  He had a few suckers--but after a little while we took each one away.  We were too worried he was going to get the sucker part off the stick.  I know--irrational fear after only 1 minute.  He really loved them.  I think I will have to find a bag of the safety suckers somewhere.  (Mental note--add that to the grocery list)  The trunk or treat at the church was really nice.  There were about 15 cars/trucks/suv's set up to give out candy.  Martin was a big hit, and several people asked did I make his precious lion costume.  Boy don't I wish!  Haha!  Target people.  Or Tar-jay for you fancy people.  He had worn the costume a few nights as a practice run so he wouldn't fight the hood on halloween night.  And, he did great.  I only wish the tail was a little longer so he could play with it.  We stayed at the church for about an hour, and then came home to see the rest of our trick-or-treaters.  We had about 15 before we left for church, and then maybe 25-30 after church.

The neighborhood close to ours had a house with a haunted house set up which I thought was pretty neat.  So, that neighborhood was packed with kids and cars for the haunted house...I bet the other people who live in that neighborhood ran out of candy.  We still have some.  At about 8:15 Bryan said "next kid who rings the doorbell I am dumping the rest of our bucket in there" and wouldn't you know we didn't have any more trick-or-treaters.  Haha!

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween!!!  You can't tell in the picture, but Martin's bucket had a light up handle on it, and everyone just oohed and ahhhed over it.  Bryan's parents gave Martin one, and so did Carley and Justin, and it was a huge hit.  And, we didn't see another one like it.  It was perfect, Martin had one to trick or treat with, and then we put the candy for the trick or treaters in the other one.

No comments: