Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Homecoming Party in Alabama

We went to Alabama this past Thursday-Sunday for a 4 day weekend visit.  We started by stopping in Cleveland, where my mom works and meeting all her friends at school.  Mom really enjoyed showing Martin off, and Martin enjoyed playing with all of his new friends, and showing everyone how he can walk all over the place.  He went to several people, and was a sweet sweet boy!  I know y'all are shocked, right?

Then Friday began the Homecoming festivities.  We went to Zach's school for the Homecoming pep-rally where we were greeted by a beautiful tp-ing of the school.  I wonder who could have done that?  I know it surely wasn't my sweet baby brother and his friends, right?  NEVER!  It was pretty impressive, and I somehow didn't take a picture.  I did takes tons of pictures at the pep-rally.  


I wondered if Martin would get upset because of all the noise, but he seemed to LOVE it.  He gave us a few crazy looks where his face said "what the heck is going on".  But, he smiled, clapped, and danced.  He also played musical person.  You know where you go from one person to the next, to the next, all for the sake of entertainment!  The things we will do to entertain our kiddos!  He loves his Uncle Johnny.


My brother is a senior, so that is his girlfriend Kelly (cheerleader) giving him his Senior bag.  I can barely remember my senior homecoming, but there weren't very many dry eyes in that gym on Friday, so I guess mine was probably the same.


Zach hadn't seem Martin's onesie before the pep-rally, and he loved it!  He was ready to show off his nephew to his football buddies.  And, what better way to do it, than with a personalized onesie.


Matching on the back!  One day I will look up, and Martin will be this big too, I am NOT ready for that yet.  But, if he turns out to be 1/2 the man my little brother is becoming, I will be proud.  I have the best brothers a girl could ask for.


Mamie and Papa John's house is so exciting.  Lots of fun and trouble to get into.  He was particularly impressed with the kittens.  He told me he wanted one, but I told him it would get lonely outside--so he agreed to wait a little while.  At first, he didn't know what to think.  One cat in particular he pulled a three stooges move on.  He reached out to pet it, pet, pet, pet, then a poke with both fingers in both eyes!  Needless to say, this cat was much more tolerant, and Martin learned to play nice.  


Sweet kitty has no idea what this guy is capable of.  He loved chasing this guy around the yard.  One cat fell in the goldfish pond on Saturday, and I am hoping my precious child didn't push it.  I think the cat was just fishing, and fell in.  That's our story, and I am sticking to it.


Doesn't he look so sweet and innocent here?  I am telling y'all he LOVED that cat.  And, I think that cat loved him too if the truth is told.  The rest of them ran from him, they must have heard about the little incident!


He enjoyed walking around the yard picking up all the leaves, and playing in the dirt.  We had a few hours to kill before the football game Friday night, and I think we were outside the whole time.  


Since it was Homecoming, they had the Senior Recognition before the game.  I didn't get a great picture, because I was ready to snap the "perfect" photo, and the paid photographer stepped right in my shot, but I have a nice picture of him from behind if anyone is interested!  But I like this one.  


This is what Martin did the entire game, sit in Mamie's lap, and snack snack snack!  Although with about 10 minutes left we went up top to walk around on the grass (their stadium is a big bowl), and he almost got trampled by a 6 foot 300 pound kid, luckily I saved him, and grabbed the kid by the chest right before he got stomped!  Mom said I looked like a Mama Bear saving her cub.  I realized at the last second that the kid wasn't paying attention and was looking straight ahead, so I slammed my arm across his chest, and when he looked at me crazy, all I could get out was "small child" as I pointed down.  Oops!  Mom saves the day! Disaster averted!


Waiting for the offense to take the field!  He had a great game!  They were beating them so bad at the half coach pulled all of 1st string out.  So, he didn't play after half time, but he still had a great game.  


Martin playing with Kelly after the game.  Martin was wearing his Ole Miss squeaky shoes to the game, and they were a huge hit, even in Alabama/Auburn territory!  They decided he was still cute even in red and blue!


Saturday I took senior portraits for 3 great kids, and I really should be editing those now, but instead I am blogging.  While we went to do the pictures, Mamie and Papa John babysat.  Everyone had a great time.  This was when the cat went in the pond, but mom reassures me Martin didn't push anyone.  He did however  find every speck of dirt in the yard!  He learned how to ride a goose with Papa.  


He was cross training, and doing a few chin-ups on the crepe myrtle tree in the front yard.  Kid slept HARD when we got home Sunday, and took two HUGE naps yesterday.  


He loved it, and was so proud to show us what he could do.  We had a perfect weekend, except that it eventually came to an end.  Time with family is so precious, isn't it?  Now, to go edit those pictures!



No comments: