Monday, October 24, 2011

A Case of the Mondays

I don't seem to dread Monday as much as I used to.  I am sure this is because I get to stay home with Martin.  But, I really meant I don't seem to dread Bryan going back to work on Monday as much as I used to.  He does a 7 on then 7 off schedule.  Which is sometimes nice (when he is off) and sometimes a bit more than I feel I can manage (when he is on).  It used to be really hard--but it was mainly because I was scared I couldn't do it.  I used to start dreading him going back to work Monday by Friday afternoon.  I have learned however, that it is totally possible.  Now, it isn't ideal, because when he gets home, there are usually dishes in the sink, and probably smashed goldfish on the rug, but bottom line, it is possible, and Martin and I are actually getting good at it!  Who else gets to have their family together for 7 out of every 14 days.  Last week was his off week, and we were busy.  We had a pediatrician appointment, bought a halloween costume, went to the pumpkin patch, had a massage at Gould's, went to my in-laws, went to the Ole Miss vs Arkansas game, went to church, and grocery shopped (twice).  How do y'all do it that have to do all that, and go to work??  But, all in all we enjoy Bryan's time off too much to complain about the time on.  Plus, someone has to go to work--and Martin and I love that we get to stay home.  Martin hasn't been sick a day in his life--thanks to breastfeeding and no daycare.  And, we have such a great time during the day.

Last Halloween

This year Martin is going to be a lion.  We are working on our roar, but it isn't going so well.  Guess he will just have to smile big to get some candy!  Stay tuned for Pumpkin Patch Pictures this afternoon!

No comments: