Thursday, October 13, 2011

Picky!

Why are kids so picky??  Y'all told me he would do this, but seriously....what is the deal??  Currently it is about food.  You know when I reported to y'all that he would happily eat some big people food, HA.  That is out the window.  He is on a two day streak of fruits, mum-mums and baby ravioli.  We bought some Gerber Pasta Pick-ups (the pick-up part is a joke--they are packed in broth--so extra slimy).  He LOVES them, but won't eat anything else besides fruit and snacks.  I guess he is a little more like me than we guessed, he would snack all day long if you let him.  But, he is still rocking the sippy cup with whole milk--so I won't complain.  We are busy enjoying the weather this week since before we know it, it will be cold outside, and we will be banished from the yard.  Good news is we have plenty of toys from the birthday party to keep us entertained once that happens.


Martin was on a kick last week of picking his nose--so I just laughed about it, well wouldn't you know my husband had a medical idea about it.  Maybe his allergies are adjusting to the weather, let's give him some baby zyrtec and see if it will help.  Wouldn't you know it??  Bryan is right again!  Guess that is why he is the pharmacist.  So, yay for less boogers!  Now, does he have a medical explanation for why my child is so defiant, I do, he is B-A-D!  Kid is fresh sometimes.  Our current ongoing fight is whether he should stand in the Pottery Barn chair he got for his birthday.  I say no, but he usually wins.  Unfortunately, that occasionally ends in him flipping it over backwards--no black eyes yet.  He also likes to hide things from me.  The usual hiding spots are the bathtub, and the basket on the front of his walking/riding zebra.  Although, if you can't find it there, you can try the Martin approved cabinets in the house.  Where I found yesterday: my keys, one of my Tom's and the remote.  What a smart kid.  He is a handful, and I love every minute of it.


Hubby is at work this week, so Martin and I miss him!!  And, it's flu season, so go get your flu shots people.  Bryan is giving us ours this weekend (Bryan and I--Martin will get his at the pediatrician's office next week for his year check-up).  Remember way back, when I told y'all that Bryan was doing pictures for some Fred's ad campaigns?  Well he is now on the inserts that go out in all the pharmacy bags-telling folks to get their flu shots.  I think he should get a certain percentage of the flu shot sales, don't you??  Haha--I can dream on!  We will continue to enjoy his face all over Memphis, the world wide web, and now in Fred's Pharmacy bags at a store near you!! So go get a flu shot (preferably at Fred's--and tell them Bryan sent you)!!  PS- there is a new flu shot that is sub-dermal instead of IM.  Supposedly it doesn't hurt as bad (think TB test).  It goes right under the skin, instead of in the muscle, I will report back on Monday.  I am blessed that Bryan is a really good stick, or maybe he is just afraid I will punch him if he hurts me.  Either way works out in my favor.




2 comments:

Kara Paulk said...

I'm getting a flu shot from Bryan the next time we come up that way! Last year was the first time it didn't hurt so I'm sticking with him - no pun intended:)

Paige said...

this is too funny! Stella went through a phase where she would ONLY eat those dang ravoli's and puffs! I thought she was going to starve to death! But thankfully it passed and she eats pretty much anything! So this too shall pass.

I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Martin climbing that chair. Stella has the same one (in pink of course) and she is going to severely injure herself is she doesn't chill out with climbing on that thing!!!!