Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ole Miss vs Arkansas

Benton Family

Martin spent the whole football game entertaining people.  He played with the grandparents behind us, the grandparents two rows in front of us, and the 2 little girls right in front of us.  And, played musical parents, of course!  What would an outing be without that special game??


He found my phone in the diaper bag, and wouldn't give it up.  He loves my phone. Kind of crazy if you ask me.  He spends more time with it than I do.  I will never understand people who are glued to their phone.  They walk slower, they pay less attention, and gosh if they don't text and drive too.  I thought Dexter McCluster tried to tell them not to do that?  Oh well, guess they didn't see the commercial, maybe they were too busy sending a text? 

Who can we call?

Daddy tickling!  

Hey Mama, give me that camera!

Go Rebels!

What, we lost??  Mama didn't tell me that!

Oh well, let's party!

With his stick he carried around the whole time at the tailgate.
Martin entertained everyone at the game, and then everyone at the tailgate.  We got a new collapsible wagon to help us lug all the stuff to tailgates on Saturdays.  Coolers, diaper bags, Martin, chairs, and all the tailgate food.  It gets to be too much, luckily we found a great one at Sam's and it is even RED!  Score.  I might get Ole Miss monogrammed on it when the season is over.  It is perfect!  And, Martin enjoyed riding in it, but he enjoyed pushing it around even more.  Don't know why I didn't get a picture of that.  He was pretty funny.  He fell asleep right after the Hotty Toddy led by Admiral Ackbar (which was pretty funny if you ask me) and slept a good 45 minutes.  Then, 2 little girls and their mom sat down in front of us, and the nap was over.  But, it was ok because they entertained him.  He tried to pull their hair the whole time, and then played peek-a-boo for about 15 minutes straight with one of them.  

Kind of a quiet day today, Martin is asleep in his Pottery Barn chair for the second day in a row.  He slept for 1 1/2 hours there yesterday, fingers crossed we have a repeat!  So I have been busy pinning away on pinterest.  I just hope some of these ideas come to fruition.  I have two I know I will be doing for Martin's Christmas.  So, I will be sure to post when I do those.  If you don't do pinterest yet, you are really missing out.  Go to www.pinterest.com and check it out.  Leave your email address in the comment section and I will send you an invite.  My favorite things are all the DIY projects, lots of kids crafts, decorating tips, and of course recipes!  

PS- what are all you mommies doing for your kiddos for Christmas??  I really want to avoid Martin having another 20 toys around the house.  We are already on toy overload from birthday.  There are a few things I want him to have, but so much stuff is just junk that flashes and makes noise.  He plays with it for 5 minutes, and then leaves it to go off while he is napping!  I did notice that www.babycheapskate.com posted their annual list of toys that actually get played with long term this week.  Check it out.  There are several on the 6-12 month list that were hits for Martin.  And, if you want some suggestions, this is a great place to look.  Happy almost Halloween!

No comments: