Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fun with Bubbles

Martin's Bubbles


Martin got a Musical Bubbles Octopus for his birthday from his Uncle Justin and Aunt Carley, and it is a huge hit!  He loves it, and doesn't even mind taking a bath now if I will turn it on.  I love it because he doesn't even mind taking a bath now if I will turn it on.  Yes, he bathes in our big bathtub, and he LOVES it. It is easier for us, because there is a lot more room than in his bathroom, and since the tub is bigger he has more room to play, and doesn't spend the whole time trying to crawl out.  He likes to play with the hair rinsing cup in the tub, but hasn't quite figured out that warm bath water from a cup isn't near as good as milk.  


He was trying to catch bubbles, and pop them.  He has about 100 stuck to his head in this picture, but you can't really tell, can you?  We knew he liked bubbles, always has, but the octopus can blow a bit faster than I can.  Guess I am fired from my bubble blowing job.  


I can write this blog right now because my two favorite boys are asleep on the couch.  I love when Bryan is off.  For several reasons--it is nice to sleep in a morning or two (we alternate the mornings when he is off).  Yesterday I slept til 11 am, and I woke up feeling refreshed and like a new woman!!  And, this morning he slept in and I had breakfast ready when he got up.  We make a great team.  Plus, there is nothing cuter than watching Martin and Bryan play together.  Last night at supper Martin dumped Bryan's water (thank goodness it was water and not sweet tea) in Bryan's lap.  Bryan just kind of laughed about it--certainly takes the stress of taking a baby out to eat away when your husband lets things go so easily.  

It is COLD here. Rained all day yesterday and with the rain came the cold weather.  Luckily it is supposed to be 72 and sunny Saturday which will be perfect for the game and tailgate.  Woo hoo!  Now, the LSU game in November may be a different story--bet it will be cold by then.  

I almost forgot to mention it.  Martin went to the doctor Monday and everything went well.  He weighs 19 lbs (little boy) and is 29 3/4 inches long.  I can't believe in 1 year he grew 10 inches and gained over 11 pounds.  Crazy right?  And, he is a small baby.  I cannot imagine how people do it all day with a big baby.  My arms and back already feel the burn!  Maybe this is why I am in such great shape (better shape than before Martin).  I think someone told me that my body would never be the same after a baby, but they never told me that would be 10 pounds less than before baby!  

We finally pulled out our fall decorations for the front porch.  I meant to do it right after the birthday party, but just haven't done it.  Now, we have a trip to the pumpkin patch planned to pick up some pumpkins and gourds to make it complete.  Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: