Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tooth Fairy?

Well, Martin has tooth #2.  Yay Martin!  Wait....I lost my mind for a second.  I wish we were dealing with the tooth fairy, instead we are dealing with the tooth _____.  Fill in the blank, none of the words that come to mind are appropriate for a blog post.  Two nights in a row we had a TERRIBLE time.  Up and down all night, wanting to eat in the middle of the night.  Nightmare for me!  This morning I told Bryan as I stumbled to the bathroom that I thought I was going to be sick just thinking of what the day today had in store for me.  Luckily it is all better.  We were working on tooth #2 and it sprouted!  I was so spoiled for the first tooth, that I was a little worried it might be an ear infection or something since Martin was SO IRRITABLE!!  He was an angel yesterday until my family left, and then holy terror Martin showed up.  So so so glad it was only a tooth and not an ear infection or worse!  What shall we name this monster responsible for sprouting teeth?  All I can say is thank goodness that tooth is over.  I know we have lots more to come.  But, I don't think I could have done that for another day.  I was close to my breaking point.  And, of course it is Bryan's week to work.....never does Martin do things at a convenient time.  Welcome to Motherhood, right?
Hey Mama!  I am ready for my green beans.

What did you just put in my mouth??

Nevermind, these are yummy....more please?!

Other than that slight speed bump, Martin is fabulous.  We started solids, and he LOVES it!  The first night was quite funny....he wasn't too sure about it, and at one point actually shuddered while eating his green beans, but now he is all about it.  You get anywhere close to that high chair, and you better be feeding him.  He gets all excited and starts kicking his arms and legs.  He has had green beans and carrots so far.  I am making sweet potatoes tomorrow for him to try.  It is so fun to watch him explore the world around him.  My family came for 4 days to visit, and I hated to see them go, but they enjoyed being with Martin so much.  And, he enjoyed being with them just as much.  Papa John showed him everything outside to play with.  They played with Bailey, picked up rocks, planted flowers, and had a ball!!  Mamie sang songs to him all week and read books to him.  She was so impressed with his book skills.  We read a lot.  So, he knows how to turn pages (although sometimes he skips a few or goes backwards).  But, she kept commenting on his fine motor skills.  Makes me proud.  I am sure lots of people think we sit around all day and watch TV.  We do watch some TV....but we learn a lot too.  Martin loves to look at the pictures of a book.  And, loves to EAT books too.  He is just manipulating his environment.  We went to a garden place yesterday and an antique shop before they had to get on the road.  It was so hard to see them go after we had so much fun while they were here.  Watching my brothers with Martin is a special treat too.  They are so proud of him.  They change diapers without blinking an eye.  And, will rock Martin, read to him, and talk to him about everything going on.  Zach was telling Martin all about fishing at one point when I passed by them.  When Zach was about 5 he told everyone he wanted to be Bill Dance when he grew up....and I think he could give Bill a run for his money.  And, Johnny was talking to him about playing outside and getting your hands dirty.  Lord knows Johnny knows how to do that.  The boys went golfing on Saturday (Bryan, Dad, Zach, Johnny) and all had a blast.  When they got home, we went in the back yard and hit golf balls out into the huge field behind our house.  It was fun, but I learned my golf game needs some work.  Haha!  And, Martin has fallen in love with his Johnny Jump-up.  I need to load those videos so I can add them to my blog.  He loves it, and gets so tickled at himself.
Papa John and Martin reading "Are You My Mother?"

My Uncles are cooler than Your Uncles!

Martin trying to convince Mamie he can have an ear of fresh corn







Cutest Baby Ever!!!!!





Well, the Farmer's Market opens this weekend, and we plan to hit them up early to get lots of fresh fruit and veggies to make another round of baby food.  This kid loves to eat, and I love to cook yummy fresh food for him.  Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love that you are making your own baby food!! That's awesome. I want to be just like you when I grow up! ;)