Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beautiful Blooms

Figured I have a few minutes before the little bebe wakes up from his nap....so I should blog.  This weekend is Martin's first Easter, and boy oh boy is his little Easter Basket full!!  I might definitely have a problem.  It is called....I am already spoiling my child rotten.  Bryan wants me to be a stay at home mom, but maybe I should get a job to support my shopping habit.  It does help that I never go shopping for me anymore.  I am still about 5 pounds away from my weight before I got pregnant, and I refuse to buy bigger clothes.  I can get back in my pre-pregnancy jeans (no small feat there)....but lots of things are a bit tighter than they used to be.  I wouldn't change a thing though....I am proud of the extra 5 pounds (at least for now) and I don't mind that most days I don't bother straightening my hair or putting on any makeup.  Truth is...Martin loves me no matter how crazy my hair looks.  And, that boy loves his dad.  I am not near as funny as Bryan apparently.  Bryan can do anything and nothing at the same time to make that child die out laughing.  I should get a video of it.  When a smile starts creeping over his face, it quickly turns into that full mouth grin you see in all of my photos.  Sometimes when Bryan and Martin are playing I have to tell Bryan to give Martin a chance to catch his breath.  Who knew Bryan was so entertaining??  What a great daddy!!

We are still making our own baby food, and it really is so easy it is a shame that more people don't make their own.  I can't find anything the child won't eat.  He likes carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, and prunes too.  He likes it all, however I did figure out that he likes it all warm.  If it cools off too much, he gags until you warm it back up.  Silly thing....at least he lets us know his opinion, right?

Beautiful Peace Rose blooming
We have been working in the yard around here this week.  My knockout roses have started blooming and are gorgeous--and so have my peace roses.  I love rose bushes!!  I also planted some day lilies yesterday, a hydrangea bush, and a porch peach tree.  It already has tiny peach buds.  Maybe they will be yummy this summer (here is hoping).  Now back to the hydrangea.  Hydrangea is probably my FAV flower/bush ever.  I had them in my wedding, I just LOVE them.  Did you know that hydrangeas are pink unless your soil is acidic?  How do you know what kind of soil you have?  Short of taking it to a soil testing place.....I say you ask someone at your favorite nursery, and they will say, well, why does that matter? You can simply buy something to treat your soil with for acid loving plants--thus is born the blue hydrangea.  So, I am looking forward to some blue blooms this summer.  And, I have learned yet something else to add to my garden repertoire.  My garden knowledge is pretty limited....but over the years, my parents have taught me lots.  Dad and Mom are an endless reference for any and everything yard related.  You would think I would have gotten some of their skill.....but I can kill a hearty house plant in no time flat.  I do better outside....the sun helps, and I love to water the plants outside, so I do it more often!  We also lined our front flower beds with Arkansas Fieldstone yesterday.  We still have some more flowers to plant, and need to mulch before I will post any pictures.  I want you to see the finished product.  But, I will post a picture of the sweet little one.  Which who am I kidding, is why you really read my blog.  Who cares what my garden looks like?  Let's see the baby!!!


Yes, we watch TV at our house....add it to my Mother of the Year application!

Are you ready for this BROTHER??  Martin is!
Forgive the poor quality of the last two pictures.  The iPhone doesn't take great pictures like my camera....especially when there is sun coming in the back window!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Don't you just love how the babies are so in love with their daddies? I am with Stella all day every day and when Steve comes home she gets the BIGGEST smile on her face. And he's the only one that can get her to just cackle! adorable! Martin is getting sooo big!