Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chomper

Well, you got it dude.....Martin cut his first tooth yesterday.  I have been saying for about 3 weeks he was on the brink!  And, I was finally right.  He has been chewing on everything....so we should have known.  I was feeding him, and I felt a tiny little pinch.....but didn't think much about it.  When I got done feeding him, I looked in his mouth and said, oh yeah, you have a tooth just about to come out, does it hurt?  So, I rubbed his gums, that was when I realized it had already "come out".  He was just a little fussy at night the previous two nights, and didn't really want to eat as much as usual at his last feeding which translated into waking up at 5 am to eat, but then going back to sleep.  But, he wasn't particularly fussy or anything, THANK GOODNESS!!  And, last night when we were talking to my Mom and Dad on Skype, Martin sat up for a really long time!  He is getting really good at sitting up.  He still gets a case of the round butts every once in a while, and tips over, but he gets better every day.  I can't believe he is just a few days away from his 1/2 birthday!  It seems like I was just waiting to find out what we were having. 

One of my very best childhood friends is pregnant, and she just found out this morning that she is having a little girl!!  I couldn't be any happier for Matt and Sam.  They are going to be great parents.  Sam and I met when I was in the 2nd grade and she was in 1st and they moved to Gautier from Massachusetts.  Our moms were good friends, and Sammy and I turned out to be the best of friends too.  She was a great best friend....and our mothers have so much black mail material on us that it isn't even funny.  I just hope they don't convert those VHS to DVD before our kids grow up.  I would hate for our kids to realize that we were big dorks!  We loved to sing and dance, and make everything a huge production.  We loved to play Barbies, and never took off our friendship bracelets.  We had some black ones that I swear we wore for about 2 years.  I bet our moms finally couldn't stand the smell and made us take them off.  I know Sammy will be such a good mommy to her sweet baby girl.  And, since I don't have a girl yet, I can't wait to spoil her's ROTTEN!  Hard to believe we are old enough to have babies, and that our babies will start Kindergarten at the same time.  Now, if I could just work on Analee having a baby!!  She swears she isn't having one any time soon....I just hope she gets baby fever soon......Analee....HINT HINT!!!  Come on Analee, Martin needs a college room mate! 

Martin is growing up so much each day that sometimes I want to hit the pause button so I can't forget what he was like at this age.  Right now he loves taking baths and he still loves his swing.  He talks ALL.THE.TIME.  He talks to the TV, he talks to Bryan and I, and he talks to keep himself awake.  He even talks when he is eating.  I have been telling him that is rude....but he just smiles at me when I say it.  He likes anything that involves music, and he loves for you to sing to him.  Baby Einstein DVD's are his favorite--but he really likes Yo Gabba Gabba (who wouldn't like a tall black man with orange hair and strange friends named Foofah and Moon-O??)--plus Jack Black has been on an episode.  What a funny boy!  He likes to play with anything that has a tag on it.  He loves to put the tag in his mouth.  I was cutting the tags off things til I realized this.  Oops!!  He enjoys playing on the floor and doesn't mind being on his tummy.  He really fights taking a nap (currently fighting one as I type this).  He is still in the size 1-2 diapers right now-- I am trying to finish off the last pack I had!  I am not ready for him to grow up, but ready or not, it is happening.  He really enjoys being outside.  Too bad it has cooled off considerably this week so we can't go walk, or sit on the front porch.  He is so content outside.  I put him in his exersaucer, and he will play for hours out there while I work in the yard.  His favorite toy is "My Pal Scout".  He loves the blue flashing light and tries to get it in his mouth all of the time.  What a cutie!!!!  He also likes to pull my hair.  This took a while since my hair is short, but now he is getting really good at it, and LOVES to grab a hand full and hang on. 

He goes to the doctor next week for his 6 month check up and shots, and then we will start solids.  I am going to be making my own baby food, and I am pretty excited about it.  I will be sure to post those adventures too.  My brother Johnny has a huge garden every year, so I can't wait to see what he will be growing for Martin this year!!  Hope everyone has a great week.  I added a picture of Martin from two weeks ago.  My cousin Jennifer and her kids Sara Foster and Jack came to visit us on their Spring Break.  Martin loved seeing them.  And, Jack and Sara Foster were so sweet with him.  Sara Foster and I had a Dance Off on the Wii, and Jack thought Bryan was pretty cool (even for an Ole Miss fan) since we had NCAA football for the Wii.  Success!!  It is always nice to see Jennifer, so we had a great visit. 

No comments: