Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Recap


Merry Christmas from The Bentons!!  We had a very good Christmas all things considered.  We all had some form or fashion of the stomach virus the week of Christmas.  It was not pleasant.  Then, we passed it to my parents when they came to visit.  That really is the gift that keeps on giving.  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  Apparently it is really bad this year.  Several schools were closed early before the holidays because of it, and they have even been talking about it on the news.  So, if you managed not to get it, Congrats to you!!  We made this Christmas Gingerbread Train, and Martin wasn't really sure what to think.


Are you sure it is ok for me to eat this??  I just am not sure.  I usually get fussed at for putting things like this is my mouth?  

Since we were all sick, and it is SO CONTAGIOUS for up to 2 weeks, we had to cancel all of our plans.  I was supposed to go to my parents house for a few days before Christmas for Mom's family Christmas party, and we didn't make it.  I was so sad, because Martin was going to get to meet some out of town family that he hasn't met yet!  Oh well...plans change.  We have so much to be thankful for, that I am trying not to focus on all that we missed out on.  Then we were planning to get up and do Santa here Christmas morning (with my parents and brother) and then leave to be in Columbus for two rounds of Christmas there with Bryan's family.  Dad's side at lunch, and Mom's side at supper.  I was looking forward to seeing the babies, but once again, plans change right?  And, then here was the real kicker....we were supposed to leave Tuesday morning to go to Ohio to see all of Dad's family.  And, that didn't happen either. We are going to reschedule for the summer, and I am already looking forward to it!!!  I was so ready to see everyone at all of our stops, but I just couldn't go and subject those people to such a terrible sickness and be ok with myself.  If I had given that to someone's baby, I would have just felt horrible.  And, I think it still turned out great.  


Opening his stocking from Grammy and Pops.  Lots of goodies.  Thanks!  We took a lot of video, so not many pictures of this.  But, he got some awesome things.  Including his very own golf bag and set of clubs, LOTS of great books that Martin loves for you to read to him, Winnie the Pooh, some PJ's (that Martin was the most excited about), and some great puzzles.


Attempting to read The Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve.  Martin wasn't very cooperative.  I think we skipped a few pages.  I don't think anyone noticed.  He was ready for bed.  Guess he was excited for Santa to come.


A picture of the Santa loot before Martin came in.  Look, there is Moose A. Moose from nick jr in his stocking.  He loves that silly Moose.  


Not really sure what to think.  It is still early--but this Lego table is pretty cool, seems fun to destroy!  


Those are all for me??  What was Santa thinking wrapping all of those presents??  Might rethink that one for next year.


Martin's stocking.  Oh good, Santa knew how much Martin loves things on his head.  


Helping Dad open his stocking.  


The "IT" toy this Christmas for 12-18 month olds.  The infamous Zoo Talker.  He loves it, but it was a pain to try to find all of the accessories for it.  Mamie and Papa brought it from Alabama, and he loves to scatter those animals all over the house!


Woah Zach!  Open this up for me.  I need to test it out.


Not too sure about the stick horse.  


Flip me Dad!  Flip me!


Check out my Very Hungry Caterpillar puppet.  He likes for you to tickle him with the purple antenna.  


Stacking the snowman boxes so Martin can knock them down.


Thanks for reading to me.


This looks too pretty to open.


He could have been a pretty girl.  I think it is time for another haircut, when we are out, people always says "Oh, she is so cute". She has on a blue outfit, and no bow, where is the confusion people??


Oh, good!  Looks like he has really been wanting this.


Another pretty Carley wrapping job.



Helping everyone open their gifts!


Headed out for New Year's Eve!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from The Bentons.  Hope everyone has a great year in 2012!

No comments: