Monday, January 30, 2012

Almost February!

I simply must stop saying I cannot believe.............. you fill in the blank.  I cannot believe it is 2012, I cannot believe my baby boy is almost 16 months old, I cannot believe we have been in our house over 2 years.  I cannot believe Martin is walking, talking, and being crazy.  It kind of makes me crazy.  I cannot believe it all.  I cannot believe our lives are so full of blessings.  We are so so lucky.  

We had an AMAZING 7 days off with Bryan.  It is always good to have him home, but this week was so calm, relaxing, and full of US.  I loved every minute of it.  And, yesterday was icing on the cake.  We went to church (as usual).  However, nothing short of a miracle happened when I went to pick up Martin from the nursery.  The drop off is always the same.  Somewhere between the car and the front doors, he realizes we are about to "drop him off".  Starts being extra clingy, and scrambles to be sure he can hold on real tight to my shirt!  Then we get to his class, and the meltdown starts.  Now, they have never paged me during church, but they usually tell me when we pick him up that he didn't really want to play.  He always without fail, is in one of the worker's arms either asleep, or in their lap being extra clingy.  Well, NOT this Sunday, he wasn't.  He was running around playing with another little boy, and having a big time when I walked up.  It took him about a minute, to even notice I was in the doorway.  And, that might have only been because I was shrieking, "Bryan, look he is playing, and having fun, Thank you God!"  And, I really mean that, that makes me enjoy church a little more.  He was PLAYING!!!!!  The lady said, oh he was great, he has been giggling the whole time.  I should have asked for that kid's # and set up a play date :)  So, that was a nice end to our weekend.  

We are working on kicking the paci habit this week.  We are starting small, only at bedtime.  I find myself sticking it in sometimes when he doesn't need it.  So, wish us luck.  I hate to go cold turkey.  But, I think we might be close to that if I don't get my act together.  We had a good check up at the doctor, but he did mention we should get rid of the paci.  Martin is probably ready, but I don't know if I am.  Ha.  Sad, right?  Martin just climbed up on the couch with his monkey blanket and settled in for a nap, guess I better see if I can help.

Brushing our teeth!

Martin hates for you to brush his teeth, but loves to do it himself!  Who would have thought??  Such a funny boy, he even had to rinse his brush and tap it on the sink at the end.  What a mess.  I love every inch of this sweet boy.

No comments: