Friday, January 6, 2012

Lucky Readers

Good morning all!  Three posts in one week, aren't y'all lucky?  Haha!  I think my sinuses are going to be the death of me--no seriously!  Everyone's facebook posts this am are about how warm it is outside, and it feels like spring.  Where do these people live??  Certainly not Memphis.  It is 40 here, that isn't spring, and it was so cool last night we brought Bailey in.  Don't judge me for having an outside dog, you obviously haven't met him.  He is a beagle, so naturally has that hound dog smell, or stinch, whichever term you prefer.  Plus, I already sweep up goldfish everyday, no sense adding dog hair to the mix.  And, as my father-in-law would say, he already has on a coat!  So, I think he will be fine.  I am ready for it to feel like spring here, I am ready to see my bulbs coming up, and plant some new flowers, and watch my porch peach tree bounce back from the winter.  Ready to cut my mum's back, and ready to be outside!  Martin and I were able to sit on the porch swing for about 15 minutes yesterday in the sun and relax and it made me ready for spring time when we can be back outside again.  And, then maybe we can park Martin's new cozy truck in the garage instead of in my living room.  A girl can dream, right?

I've got sausage biscuits sizzling in the oven, and Martin is standing at the oven door watching them cook.  He must know how good Mimi's sausage biscuits are.  He was watching the morning news in his truck, yet again.  I might not can move that truck to the garage.  Haha!!  And, now he is trying to build a tower of books.  Busy Boy!


I didn't make a New Year's Resolution....did you??  No real reason, just didn't.  I do have goals for myself, I always have goals, but I didn't want to peg one down.  I plan to cook more this year.  I got some new pots and pans for Christmas, and am loving them so far, and I plan to exercise more on our new treadmill.  Back to the cooking aspect, since Bryan does 7 on, 7 off....it is hard to make myself cook.  When it is just me that I am cooking for I don't have much motivation.  I can just eat a PB&J, why would I cook?  But, that is silly, because if I cook then I have leftovers that Bryan can take for lunch the next day.  I need to remind myself of that.  I have cooked 3 nights this week, 3 out of 4 ain't bad!  

Gotta go read with Martin, he keeps bringing me stacks of books.  I can take a hint!

No comments: