Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's up with us?

Nothing really.  We cut tooth #7 yesterday.  It is another one on the bottom.  That makes four on the top and 3 on bottom now.  By this rate, he will have his wisdom teeth by his second birthday!  Haha.  I told Bryan two nights ago that I know it sounded crazy, but I swear he is cutting another tooth, and he pulled on his ears all weekend.  After I reassured everyone who isn't around Martin on a regular basis that the ear pulling was teeth related, and NOT an ear infection--I really wondered when this tooth would show itself.  It did yesterday.  Or perhaps the day before---I was looking for one on top, not really on the bottom.  But, there it is.  This time last year, I was counting down the days to my due date, thinking I had only 26 days left.  Well, some little boy had a different idea, and wanted to stay in and bake a little longer.  It is hard to believe how much your life can change in just one short year.  We have 7 teeth, we are walking, we are going to be 11 months old tomorrow.  YIKES!

Speaking of walking, we don't take just 3 or 4 steps now, now we take 10-12 like walking is our J-O-B.  He can let go of something, and turn around and then walk to something else.  I absolutely cannot believe that we are to this point.  I told Dad last night that at each new stage, I kind of look forward to the next stage, and last night I realized the next stage is Kindergarten!  Only kidding--kind of.  Ole Miss football starts this weekend. We play BYU, but Bryan has to work, so we aren't going to go.  We will be going next week, and I need to start thinking about what I am going to take to tailgate.  I cannot wait to see everyone, and take this sweet baby to his first ball game.  We were working on our touchdown this weekend (think arms straight up in the air making goal posts).  He is ready!  And, of course has some precious grove attire.  We are going to skip the dress pants and bow tie this year, and stick with some smocked Colonel Reb and Ole Miss longalls. Hope everyone has a great week.  I am sure I will post tomorrow for his 11 month photos.  Have a great day!!  I know y'all have seen this picture, but I just LOVE it, and LOVE these two guys!

My two favorite guys!

2 comments:

Kara Paulk said...

So sweet! I cannot wait to see little man walk this weekend!

The Burks Family said...

WOW - I can't believe all the teeth and walking! I think that he is growing up faster than Luke! But I am so ready for them to get to hang out at this birthday party - they are gonna have so much fun! Oh, I will get the kid some "good" clothes for football season if I need to :)
Love you!