Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And, we are OFF!

Martin took his first unassisted steps last Tuesday, August 16--and I have been trying everyday since then to capture it on film.  Martin is OBSESSED with the video camera, so you really have to try to video him without him noticing.  Ha, yeah right!  He is so observant he rarely misses anything.  He is still growing up way too fast for me.  I am still looking for my little baby boy--have you seen him?  I am afraid he is long gone.  At a week shy of the 11 month mark we are growing by leaps and bounds.  He still has 6 teeth and is wearing size 3 diapers.  Most of his 9 month clothes are too short in the crotch, so I need to pack those up.  He still prefers to crawl if he needs to get somewhere fast or far, but if it is close, he will take a few steps to get there.  He loves to be outside and enjoys watering the flowers with me, swinging in his swing, or going for a walk in the stroller.  He usually puts himself down for his morning nap on the floor on his blanket, and almost always has a snack in his hand when he falls asleep.  You never know when you might wake up really hungry and need something fast! He likes to be right with you no matter what you are doing.

I am in full baby boy birthday bash planning bonanza.  I know already that I am going overboard.  But, who am I kidding, y'all knew that would be the case, right??  I cannot wait for the party, and to see him with his smash cake!!  I should get off of the blog and order invitations right now, and party favors too!  Oops.  So, for now, enjoy the short not very good quality video of my precious baby taking a few steps.





1 comment:

Kara Paulk said...

Go Martin! Can't wait to see him walk in person!