Tuesday, August 2, 2011

House Updates

We have been doing a lot of things around the house.  We have lived here almost 2 years, and it has been a very slow decorating process.  Something about putting holes in brand new walls scared me, so I wanted to be sure things were where I was going to keep them before I put anything up.  Weird, huh?  
Dining Room
The dining room table, rug, and china cabinet have been there, but the room looks complete with some curtains!  I really think it tops the room off.  They are a very simple curtain, but the color looks perfect with what is already in that room.  Simple!  My motto in life (haha, I wish)!

Living Room
Please excuse the baby toys!!  Haha.  They are really and truly all over my house even when they are "picked up".  You can't see it in the picture, but my couch pillows and the picture above the couch all have a lot of red in them.  So, this red is a nice accent to the red and blue.  They open everything up, and make you realize how tall the ceilings are.  PS- these came from the Pottery Barn Outlet here in Memphis.  It is hands down my favorite store here.  We used to have a regular Pottery Barn too, but it closed, so the outlet is my new BFF.  It is hard to find 108" curtain panels in stock....much less on sale!  Hooray for saving some money.

Master Bedroom

Our new bedroom curtains.  I bought this fabric before we went to the beach at the end of June/first of July, and just got around to making the curtains last week.  I think they turned out great.  It's hard to get a picture of it all together, because the room is so big.  I love that the height of the curtains draws your eyes up to the tray ceiling above the bed.  I LOVE my bedroom, and this makes me love it even more.  I am still on the fence about what to hang above our bed.  I bought a big canvas to paint something, but I also have an iron piece that I think would look great above it.  Don't know what I am going to do.  Let's hope it doesn't take 6 months to decide!!  Our bedding came from Pottery Barn.  It is the Audrey collection, and I think it is timeless.  

Closer look with the bedding

Game Room
Our game room has an Ole Miss theme.  I know you are shocked!  Haha.  We have had the red futon for over a year, but I hadn't found any pillows I like.  Well, scratch that, I found some at Double Decker, but they were $85 and I refused to pay that much.  I found these at drum roll please--Pottery Barn Outlet too.  They were a great price so I couldn't resist.  They are close to the pattern on the curtains, but not too matchy matchy.


And, this is what my child was doing while I was trying to take pictures in our bedroom.  This used to be in the living room, but he wouldn't leave it alone, so it got retired to our bedroom.  Well, you would have thought he found a long lost BFF....he was swinging that stick all around, and banging the wall with it.  Why does my child like to act like a wild animal sometimes??  Why??  Because I love every minute of his crazy self!

No comments: