Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Luke's Birthday Bash!!!

Luke's Birthday Party was a swim party on Saturday.  I cannot believe this sweet little boy is already 1!!!!  Aren't his curls the cutest thing you have ever seen?  He is such a happy boy and a little fish in the pool.  He had a great party and enjoyed opening his presents.  We were so glad we got to come and enjoy the pool and time with family.  Luke's Daddy (Stephen) is Bryan's cousin on the Burks side--for those of you wondering.  
Bryan and the Birthday Boy

Martin, Luke, Thomas
 These three boys are going to be TROUBLE!!  Christmas is going to be crazy with this bunch.
Luke and Martin
 I love Luke's face in this picture.  It looks like he is trying to tell us something.  I would like to think it was "Hey people, did you know I am 1??"
Mom, why did I have to get out?
 Contrary to what it looks like in this picture, Martin really had a good time.  He enjoys his float in the pool.  And, of course it helps that Dad is always ready to entertain and be super silly to make me laugh at any moment!!
Apparently Nanny get the memo to smile that big!
 Martin and Pa have a very similar face here??  Haha.  I told y'all that boy makes the funniest faces, didn't I??
Martin and Thomas

It's his party, and he'll cry if he wants to!
 Luke was not digging the birthday crown.  And, then when he dug into the smash cake, he decided Mommy needed to try the icing too!!!  
Mom, taste this icing, it is yummy!!!

Dad let Martin have some yummy ice cream (and a bite of cake)

Martin and Pops

Opening some presents!!
We had a blast at the party.  But, it made me realize I better get busy with my planning for some sweet 10 month old's first birthday that will be here in 2 months!  Yikes.  I am thinking of doing a pirate/nautical theme. I am so predictable, aren't I??  Who cares....I do what I know, but I do it well, right?

No comments: