Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Doctor Checkup

Well, the doctor's appointment today went VERY well. He gave me some encouraging news. I am officially 1 1/2-2 (but closer to 2) centimeters dilated! This may not mean much to you guys, but it means a lot to me. After three weeks of being stuck on 1 cm, it feels nice to make some progress. I am still 50% effaced, but he said he didn't think that would change until I go into labor. All good news. My measurements are good, weight gain good, blood pressure good, baby position good, now if he will just make his debut. Doc said I COULD schedule an induction for Monday (the 20th), but his recommendation was to wait and see if he comes on his own. We chose the responsible parent route and are waiting for him to come on his own. If I go a week over my due date, he will induce on October 4--which is ok for me...but I don't want to wait that long so hopefully he will come before then. I hope he is getting cramped in there, and isn't too comfortable! Have a great week all!

No comments: