Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Thanksgiving

I am thankful for so much that it just would seem wrong to let Thanksgiving come and go without trying to list what I am thankful for.  I have so much to be thankful for, that I know this blog post will not do my "list" justice.  But, all I can do is try.  One of my favorite quotes about being thankful seems so fitting right now.  "It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy".  And, that could not be more true--could it?

I am thankful for the husband that I have.  Bryan is amazing, and he continues to surprise me everyday.  I have friends who just exist in their marriages, and this makes me so happy for the partner I have been blessed with.  Bryan is all that I could have ever dreamed of--honest.  I don't usually go on and on about him, because it frustrates me when people toot their own husband horn--especially when it is stuff they should be doing.  But, he really deserves it.  He does everything he should as a husband and father, and then SO MUCH MORE.  I am so lucky to have him.

I am thankful for this dirty faced, loud mouthed, book lover, house destroyer, sweet baby boy the Lord has blessed us with.  I had no idea how smitten I would be with my little man.  He is an absolute blessing, and I am thankful for him everyday.  I am thankful for the smudged hand prints all over the bottom 3 feet of my house.  I am thankful for windows that have slobbery kisses smeared all over them.  I am even thankful for smashed goldfish in my rug--it reminds me of what is important in life.  LIVING----not cleaning.

I am thankful for family.  My family is my support system, especially my mom.  I wish they lived closer to us, but what is a few hours?  We are blessed to have each other, even 4 1/2 hours apart.  Some people don't have the chance to know their parents, or maybe their parents have already died, it makes me thankful for just having them.  I am thankful for Mom, Dad, Zach and Johnny!  (And I can't wait to see them tomorrow--yes I should be packing instead of blogging).  I am also thankful for my in-laws.  They raised Bryan to be the man he is today, and for that I am forever grateful.  And, I am thankful for Justin and Carley.  I am thankful for our grandparents, and for Martin's great grandparents.  I am thankful for Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.  All of these people will help shape Martin into the boy and man he will become!

And, last but not least, I am thankful for friends....I think sometimes these are the most important, they are the family you choose for yourself.  You cannot choose your family, you are given them, but friends choose to stick around and be your support system.  I am thankful for each and every one of you.  Thanks for all of your support and love the past year.

My cup truly runneth over!!!!

I hope everyone has a great Turkey Day, remember to be Thankful and tell everyone that you love them.  Life is too short for anything less.



No comments: