Monday, May 9, 2011

7 Months, Already??

No, I can't believe it either.  Baby boy is growing so fast too fast.  I think I put off posting this because maybe if I don't post it to my blog, then it isn't really true??  I cannot believe Martin has already been here for 7 months!!  He is such an absolute joy for us.  And, he is currently napping, so I thought I would take advantage.  He is doing so much more at 7 months than he was doing at 6.  He is now VERY mobile.  Still army crawling most of the time, but that little thing is FAST!!  He kicks and uses his toes.  I will try to get a video sometime this week--but for some reason I have a tough time uploading videos to the blog.  Hmm....who knows?  He gets his knees up under him a lot, but still would rather army crawl.  He has figured out how to sit up on his own.  He has been staying sitting up for about 2 months, but now he knows how to go from flat on his back, to sitting up.  Talk about scary--he is NOT old enough for this.  And, it makes naps a little tricky too.  I just know before I realize it he will be (gasp) walking!  No no no, this can't be true.  Where did my little baby boy who was so quiet, and took amazing naps, and stayed where I put him go???  This age and stage is truly SO FUN, but I sometimes miss the early days just because I can hardly remember him being that small.  He is into everything, and full of himself!!  He says Da...Da....Da....Da....Da.  I will look at him and said ma ma ma ma ma, and he just smiles and says dddaaaa, dddaaaa.  Not funny--even though Bryan thinks it is!  But, for the record, he cries Ninny when he wants to eat, and has for about a month and a half....and that is totally ME!  So, there--take that Bryan!  He loves solids....big people food is great.  I am still making my own, and am loving every minute of it.  How many people can say their 7 month old likes mango and avocado??  That is what I thought, not many!!  We are on Week 3 of Couch to 5K, and I have decided I must be all couch....because my knees are killing me.  I was a runner in high school, apparently that is all gone, and I must have done some damage to my joints along the way, because these knees are screaming.  Oh well.  I will stick with it, and buy lots of Advil and Ice.  Am I getting old or something?

I had a GREAT Mother's Day.  My two boys (Martin and Bryan) brought me breakfast in bed, and we watched my new TV for my bedroom.  Martin approved, he said he enjoyed nick jr. on the new tv!  He thinks being in our bed is such a fun treat.  He does great at night, and has pretty much kicked the pacifier habit at night.  He still gets it during the day whenever he wants it, or whenever I want him to have it (MUTE)....haha!  But, he doesn't really need/want it at night.  He really is getting to be a big boy!!  We worked in the yard a little, got a little sun, and then I made some curtains for our game room, and hung some pictures up there.  Slowly but surely, our house is getting close to finished in the decor department.  That is good since we have lived here over a year and a half.  Oops!  Pictures to come soon....if you are interested.  I will post LOTS of pictures of Martin, and of the flower beds that I have been working on. 


Happy Spring!!
Flower Beds

Flower Beds

Bonsai Bend



Happy Boy playing in the garden
 
Sitting on the rocks

I LOVE playing with Dad

Sitting in the grass

Happy 7 Months

Bathtime Fun!

Martin loves to Skype with Mamie and Papa John (yes he tries to crawl into the computer)

Hi Mamie!!  I see you.

Looking out the window in his room

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Such a cutie!!
I'm doing Couch to 5K, too. Hearingnyou say it's tough makes me feel better about how hard it's been for me... You're a runner, and I for sure am not! But I'm trying!