Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Zoo Boo

Friday night we went to Zoo Boo at the Memphis Zoo.  We are members, so naturally I was excited to go this year.  I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be.  But, Martin got to see some dinos, eat a sucker, and dress like a dino, so what more could I ask for??  He had a good time!  And, politely said thank you to every person handing out candy.  Yes sir!!  He was NOT excited about wearing the costume, and must have said "take off mama" about 75 times before we even entered the gate.  So, we didn't insist on the dino head, but he did wear the costume the whole time. 

What did you honestly think we wouldn't be a dino??

Pops thought someone needed to wear the hat, and Martin decided anyone but him would be fine!

My two favorite boys!!!  Martin enjoyed every lick of that sucker!

We rode a haunted prehistoric hayride, and Martin pointed out all the dinos along the way.  Child is obsessed!!!  I think it's pretty cool, because Martin can say Brachiosaurus and he is 2--haha!  They had a kid carnival area and you could ride anything.  It took a lot of convincing to get Martin to ride the carousel.  He wanted to ride, just not necessarily on the horse.  He did eventually get on, but he still isn't sure if he had fun.  Then, he HAD to ride the boats.  I knew this would end poorly, but Dad was willing to try for Martin's sake, so I wasn't going to stop them!!  In the picture the water is moving, but trust me....we got off before they started the ride.  He was having a blast ringing the bell, but the minute Martin realized he would be riding alone was the minute the breakdown began.  Dad swooped in and saved the day freeing Martin from the evil boat captain!  Bahaha!  And, all was well in the world again--we gave his sucker back!

The extent of the boat ride!

See, I LOVE the carousel


Here Dad, want some of my sucker??  It's great!

Just don't take my sucker away, and no one gets hurt!

Then on our way out we went to the Creepy Crawlers exhibit....I was glad I wasn't holding Martin.  He touched all of the creepy things, including a tarantula (yuck), huge boa constrictor, and some African bugs.  I don't know much about the African bugs, because I was still freaking out about the first two so I couldn't really hear what the woman was saying.  I don't hate bugs....just spiders and snakes!  We might not ride a boat that goes in a small circle, but we will pet a snake, and let a tarantula touch us.  I think I used 1/2 a bottle of sanitizer and I didn't even touch anything.  Haha!  We had a great night. 



No comments: