Saturday, October 20, 2012

Martin turns 2!!!

Martin celebrated his 2nd birthday in true birthday fashion complete with 32 of his closest friends and family.  No, seriously--there were 32 people, my house was insane!  We had his party the weekend before his birthday, and it was great!  He and his two cousins (Luke and Thomas) were the stars of the show.  They played on the slide, played in the sand table, played football, and rode the Cozy Truck all over the backyard.  Martin got way more toys that any child could ever play with, and we are totally thankful for everyone who came and made it such a huge success.  I think he really had an absolute blast.  Cake....dinosaurs.....presents....what's not to love?


Thomas and Luke fighting over the chair!


Football Fun

Boys will be Boys



Little Readers

Here Martin, we can help!
These presents were AWESOME!

Here Mom, have a bite!

Martin and Daddy




Dinosaurs are AWESOME!
Things have been crazy around our house!  We are busy trying to get ready for Baby #2--a girl, named Olivia Katherine who will be here in just over 2 months.  Is that real???  2 months??? Wow!!!  I better get busy.  Martin moved to a new room this week.  He is now sleeping in a big boy (toddler) bed, and we are so proud of him!  Olivia's bed is up and her bedding is on the bed, but that is honestly as far as we have gotten.  I need to paint her wooden initials, I need to paint, frame, and hang her OLIVIA Walter Anderson prints, I need to figure out what else I am doing in there too.  She seems to be doing well.  She is growing like she should, and is so active it is CRAZY!!  I thought Martin was active, but I seriously wonder when this child sleeps.....  I still feel strange saying her and she.....  But, she is definitely 100% girl!  Two ultrasounds to confirm!  So excited for the next chapter in our lives and what it holds for The Bentons.

Martin and Mama

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy birthday, Martin! Can't wait to see pics of sweet Olivia!