Monday, October 22, 2012

Cotton Fields

I've been eyeing a cotton field that we pass on our way out of town for months.  When it started blooming this season, I told Bryan I wanted to go take pictures out there of Martin.  He smiled and said "Sure Honey" like he does in reference to everything I say to him.  I really do have the best husband EVER!  But, I digress.....anyway, so he probably never thought this idea would come to fruition.  Which would be indicated by my track record, and my hundreds of pins on pinterest that I have not completed many of the actual pins.  So, Friday morning, we set out to play in the Cotton Field, and maybe take some pictures.  We got a few pictures, but the main thing was Martin had an absolute blast!  And, it was still a little muddy, so that means DOUBLE the Fun!  You can tell in some of the pictures what a great time Martin was having.  After about 45 minutes Martin realized there was actually cotton in the cotton field!!  Silly boy!  These are just a few of my favorite pictures.











 

Then after all of our fun in the cotton field, we wandered around the little downtown area in Arlington.  I was going to pick up a jar of honey at the Farmer's Market, and see the pumpkins at the garden center.  Bryan was hoping for an afternoon nap that didn't involve anything besides a couch, and Martin was hoping to go in SY Wilson's antiques and look for "Doc" the cat.  We got an extra bonus at SY Wilson's....because the owners Great Pyranees puppy was on the front porch too.  Luckily we found Doc inside after a good bit of searching.  As we are walking in the front door, Martin starts in "I looking for da cat".  So we continued our search, until we found him cat-napping on a beautiful antique dresser that I don't need!  

Then we finally made it next door to The Garden Center to see their fall collection.  They didn't disappoint.  I think they had every kind of pumpkin in the world!  We picked up a few small ones, mainly because I felt bad for spending an hour walking around admiring and touching every kind of pumpkin out there.  Great place to talk about colors and textures though.  What color is this pumpkin Martin? "Purple", Well, actually its orange, but let's keep looking. 



Then the darndest thing happened.  Martin found THE GREAT PUMPKIN!!!  Bryan said, Martin, come look at this huge pumpkin....and just like that, Martin wanted to know where Charlie Brown was, because this was certainly The Great Pumpkin.  We never did find Charlie Brown, but I think Bryan did find his nap.


I'm so thankful for my precious family and the simple things in life!!!

No comments: