Monday, May 10, 2010

Photo Shoot

More pictures of Baby Benton. Martin was very cooperative this time. And he even let us get lots of great pictures and measure and check things that needed to be checked!

Great Profile Shot


It's kind of tight in here.


Another profile shot from the other way....he is VERY active.

STRETCHED OUT...head on the bottom left, belly on the right, and legs stretched across the top

Sweet Little Feet

We got to see Martin again today, and that my friends will never get old. I have never looked forward to going to the doc like this....I don't even mind them taking blood when I go as long as I know I am having an ultrasound too. We have had a great few weeks. I got to spend the weekend with my mom for Mother's Day, and it was so nice! She is a great mother, and I hope that I grow up to be all of the parent for my kids that she is for us. And, we went to dinner last night with Bryan's family to celebrate Mother's Day with his mom too. It was very nice. And, of course I got the best Mother's Day present today. I got to see a happy-healthy baby! We counted 10 fingers and 10 toes. The Ultrasound Technician showed us that the placenta has moved up a little already, and they feel certain it will continue to move up as everything in there gets bigger to make room for Martin. We have four chambers in the heart, no cleft lip or palate, appropriate brain size--I told you guys he was taking my brains away. And, he weighs a whopping 12 ounces this week. Three weeks ago he was measuring 6 ounces, so this explains why I have all of a sudden developed a belly! And, I have officially gained 5 pounds. Which everyone assures me is great! I will be having an ultrasound next visit too (woo hoo!) because he didn't have any liquid in his bladder---if he goes as often as his mom, it's no surprise. I think that was his gift to me, because it means I get to see him again. They all reassured me that this wasn't cause for concern, and that he had liquid in his stomach which is a good sign, but he literally could have just gone to the bathroom. We got a great report from all parties! All in all a wonderful Monday afternoon. Bryan got me a fabulous porch swing for my front porch. I can't wait for him to paint it and hang it! Hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

Tracie Denise said...

That's awesome that you had a good visit w/baby Martin! Now can we see some belly pics already??