Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Calm and Quiet

Ok, let's try this again. I just typed a pretty hefty post, and it got lost in Blog Lang.....yikes! So, I will attempt one more time, then I am giving up. This week has been much better than last for the Benton house. We had a calm weekend despite the bad weather swelling all around us. We did go to Double Decker on Sunday and got several Ole Miss and Oxford prints and paintings for the Ole Miss themed game room. I can't wait to get them framed and hung. Sounds like a Hobby Lobby trip in my future..... I even bought Martin an Ole Miss outfit. It is blue and white striped with the Red Ole Miss logo monogrammed on it. I looked for more baby stuff, but didn't find much for boys.

I started looking for nursery bedding this week. And, I have fallen in love with www.javisdavis.com bedding. They make it look so easy. Now, if I can just decide which collection I love the most. I need to order swatches and decide....but it sounds like work. Maybe I will get something done this weekend....but probably not. I need to clean out some closets. I know we just moved in the house, but if I didn't know where to put it, it went in a closet. I need to clean out, throw out, organize and move the rest to the attic. But, I am betting if the weather is pretty I will end up outside reading a book or working in the garden. Bryan works all weekend so I will have plenty of time to get that stuff done.

On a happy note....Bryan and I are going to the beach for Memorial Day, and I cannot wait!! We planned this about two months ago, and it is what gets me out of the bed each morning. I am keeping a mental countdown until the sand is between my toes. Bring on the beach.....I hope Martin grows up to love it as much as his Mom and Dad do.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

You sound just like MB and Ashley! They are counting down the days til the beach!
I'm kinda excited too for my 2 days there.