Tuesday, April 13, 2010

16 weeks

As the title suggests, this is week 16 of being pregnant. And, I must say, I am loving every minute of it. Minus the headaches here and there. This week the baby is the size of an avocado which makes me want guacamole....weird huh?? I went for my third doctor's visit yesterday, and it was by far the most uneventful. I didn't even get to sneak a peek at the baby this week. I guess that isn't too bad, since most moms have only had the first ultrasound and I have had two. But, we got to hear the heart beat on the doppler (that was Bryan's first time) and it was pretty cool....it never gets old to hear that!! Doc said BB was doing great. The baby was in the right place based on where the heart beat could be heard, and said everything looks great. I officially gained a pound this week. Hopefully my weight gain will continue at this rate. I don't want to gain too much--just enough for my little one. Yeah right....??? I can dream, right? Oh, and he said that the first round of the sequential screen everything looked clear, although the next test is the final say so. Fingers crossed BB is a healthy baby!!

I think the best thing about the visit was he told us next visit we would get to find out Blue or Pink. These next four weeks cannot pass fast enough. Our appointment is May 10th at 10:30. I am trying not to count the hours, but I cannot wait!!! Bryan still really believes it is a boy and I think it is a girl....so we will see who is right in 4 short (or long to me) weeks. Then let the fun begin. I am excited to get started on the nursery. I have been trying not to look at bedding until I know what I am having, because I don't think I want a gender neutral nursery. It is hard not to look, and hard not to buy. So, Bryan should beware of what will happen after we know what BB is going to be!!

I broke down this weekend and made my first round of maternity clothes purchases. There is a cute little shop in Memphis called A Pea in the Pod, and they have CUTE maternity clothes. Who knew spandex could be so stylish. I started small....pair of jeans, pair of shorts, and two shirts. I took a belly picture, but still haven't decided if I want to share with the blogging world. You can see a baby bump now especially if I have on a tighter fitting shirt. Stay tuned for more blogging. Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Thanks for sharing! Glad all is going well with BB.
Love you all,
Patsy

Kara Paulk said...

I'm so happy for you and Bryan! Ya'll are going to be great parents:) Ryan owes me $5 if BB is a girl...I know I'm right and wanted to up the bet but...