Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Bunny Shenanigans

We have been talking about the bunny and how he is going to bring us eggs and candy for a while now. However, the trip to see him wasn't very successful. We didn't plan on the adults being in the photo. But you can tell from the picture, there was no way we were going to peel Martin's arms from around my neck to take a picture. He is still not very trustworthy of people in costumes. Hopefully the bunny didn't get his feelings hurt and he will still be making a visit to our house this weekend. Been a busy few weeks around The Benton House. Olivia is finally getting everything sorted out. She is taking better naps and eating bigger meals that keep her from nursing every 2 hours :). Makes me stop threatening that I am only having two kids!! That's good right? We had some of Bryan's cousins and their kids and an aunt and uncle come to meet Olivia. Sadly I didn't take any pictures of the event, so I'll have to borrow one from Mary Beth! The boys had a great time hunting eggs! And I think everyone enjoyed sweet little Olivia! Hard to believe this time next year there will be 6 little ones. Ashley, Mary Beth and I had our first round of babies all within 6 months of each other, and the second round should be about 6 months apart too unless Parker stays and bakes extra! So, 6 babies under age 3! Should make for fun future get togethers if that is even possible :). Haha.

I am so ready for some spring weather!! It has been cold here. I am ready for lunch time picnics at the neighborhood playground and trips to the zoo! Bring on the warm weather! Please?? Can you believe Olivia will be 3 months old Sunday? Me either. We took her to church for the first time this weekend, and she did pretty good. We haven't gone because flu season has been so bad, and people cannot resist the urge to touch babies. Why is that? I know she is cute, but do you have to touch her?? Even with a blanket over the car seat they still do it.... Argh! We sat in the cry room, because that's what they are there for, right? And she slept most of the service. And, Martin was glad to be back at church! Win win for everyone! Olivia has rolled over from her belly to back a few times, but she is now doing it consistently as of Sunday (March 24). Which makes tummy time a little challenging. Because she just rolls over like no thanks! Please stop growing up so fast baby girl. I'm proud of every milestone, but I don't want you to grow up so fast. One day before I know it you'll be walking and talking, and I can't think about that.





No comments: