Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day/Year

I think it would be silly not to post on February the 29th since this only happens every four years.  Remember I stay home with a 17 month old, it doesn't take much to excite me!!  Lots of good news around here.  The weather has been beautiful!  They are building a house across the street, and it is almost spring!

This past weekend, we celebrated Nanny's 80th Birthday.  This is Bryan's maternal grandmother.  We helped throw a surprise party for her--everything turned out so nice, and I genuinely think she was surprised.  I think there were close to 100 people there, and Nanny was so happy to see each and every one of them.  We had a big family picture that morning, and Martin was not having anything to do with the picture.  He was ok with the big group.....but when it came time for the picture of just the 3 of us, he was NOT a happy camper.  My child the nature boy had been playing with sticks and sweet gum balls.....so in our picture he had to hold one of each.  We tried to take them away, and it led to a meltdown, so needless to say, we will happily have a little nature in our photos.  But, I still don't think he smiled!  The photographer said, that will work.  Her idea of what will work, and my idea of what will work are obviously not the same.  I haven't seen the pictures yet, but I can't imagine that they were very good.  Haha!  We also figured out that Martin does not like sleeping in the pack n play anymore.  So, he slept in the bed with us.  There was no danger of us rolling over on him, but I am pretty sure Bryan was close to having a black eye.  He kept slapping and punching Bryan in his sleep as he flopped around.  What a mess.

Monday was beautiful and Martin and I got to go walk in the afternoon with a friend in the neighborhood and her 2.5 month old.  Being around a baby that small makes me wonder where my little baby went.  I can barely remember when Martin was that small.  And, I get to watch that sweet baby Friday morning for a little while, and I can't wait!  After we walked, we played in the yard for about 45 minutes with bubbles.  What is the fascination??  I mean he loses his mind when you pull them out.  Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!!  Then we squeal with delight as we chase them, and when we actually catch one and pop it, that is a real treat!

Mardi Gras Cookie Time

I see y'all are packing!  Don't forget me.

The big kids during the pictures

This is his fresh face!  We see it A LOT.

Man on the run

I am pretty sure this is how all the pictures will look

The boys during the party.

Happy 80th Birthday Nanny!
So, I mentioned the house across the street.  We live in a very young neighborhood.  It has lots of phases and plans.  At the end of phase 3 we get two pools, and I cannot wait for that....but it is so far away.  We are nearing the end of phase 1.  So, I am excited to see a house go in across the street, because that means one step closer.  However, I am not excited about the Mexican Radio blaring from 7 am-6 pm.  Needless to say, it interferes with our Siesta, and THAT is a problem.  I am thinking of posting a sign on the front door that says--"Sleeping baby--or Angry Mommy--it's up to you!"  I don't think it would do any good.  Seriously though, I am not mad, it is just forcing me to be creative with nap time.  Hope everyone is having a great day!!  Happy Hump Day.

No comments: