Saturday, February 18, 2012

Almost Forgot

Well, yesterday I totally forgot to put this in my blog, and I can't believe I forgot.  DRUM ROLL PLEASE......


We are officially PACI FREE in our house.  This may not sound like a big deal, but trust me when I say, it is a HUGE deal.  The hardest part has been getting him down for naps without it.  He goes to bed without an issue.  I am so proud of this accomplishment!  What a big boy.

PS- for those of you non-moms reading, never say never, cause I swore I would NEVER give him a paci.  I think the second night home from the hospital I gave in....haha.  I also said my child wouldn't watch TV very much, and wouldn't you know it....when the TV is on, it spends most of it's time on nick jr, because someone loves all those silly shows.  But--I know that these things don't make Martin who he is.  He is a beautiful little miracle and I am so lucky he calls me Mama!

Anyone interested in how we did it??  Well, I cut the tip of it off, and handed it to him.  He put it in his mouth, took it out made a weird face and examined it.  Stuck it back in again just to test it one more time--and then threw it on the ground.  He still spots it occasionally and has to inspect it.  But, doesn't want that silly thing in his mouth.  I was so scared of taking it away---and he did great!!  So, maybe it was me that needed a paci.  I almost can't stand how grown up he is getting.  Where did my baby go??  Because, there is a toddler in his high chair screaming dowwwwwn--ready to read 20 books, and play cars.  Gotta run--duty calls!

No comments: