Sunday, August 22, 2010

Long overdue! (blog post, not baby)

Welcome Baby Martin!! What an awesome shower. The cake was so yummy as was all of the food. It was so nice to see everyone. And, the girls did a great job on the shower. It turned out to be perfect. Analee, Sam, and Tracie....you girls really are the best I could ask for! Thanks for everything.I got to see lots of friends from high school that I haven't seen in several years so it was nice to catch up with them. Martin got so many great things. That is going to be one well dressed little man! His closet is bursting at the seams!! Some of mom's friends came that were at my baby shower over 27 years ago....isn't that special?? I can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy....he will be sweet if he takes after his daddy....now if he takes after his mom, watch out world!! It is hard to believe that HOPEFULLY in less than 5 weeks I will be holding him in my arms (boo-hooing I am sure). I can't wait!!!!
My Aunt Kathy made this beautiful cross-stitched blanket for Martin. Isn't it gorgeous?? I love it because it goes so perfectly with his room. I had no idea she was doing it. I can appreciate how much work she put into it. I just love it! We are putting the last minute touches on his room. Only a few things left to do. I need to hang my curtains, and hang the Walter Anderson prints when I get them back from framing. And, I need to paint the wooden letters and find the right ribbon so I can hang those too. I said something to Mom this morning about feeling like I still had TONS to do, and she informed me that I was fine on time and told me that Dad actually had to go home from the hospital one day while Mom and I were still there so he could finish painting the nursery. Now, those of you who know my Daddy aren't surprised by this one bit!We go to the doctor Wednesday for another one of our every two weeks check ups. I am hoping he says something like....."ooh pack your bags, this little boy is coming early"! Wishful thinking, huh?? A girl can dream, can't she? I have been right about average with all of my measurements thus far, so I doubt very seriously he is too big or anything....oh well. I guess I can wait 5 more weeks.




No comments: