Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's Official

Well, I guess posting it on here makes it official!!  Martin is going to be a big brother!  We are expecting Baby #2, and couldn't be any more excited.  This round was a lot harder coming.  We got pregnant with Martin a lot easier/faster than this go round.  But, we couldn't be happier.  Anything worth having is worth waiting for, right?  Well, this has totally been worth waiting for.  We are 17 weeks along, and find out in three short weeks what we are having!  My officialy due date is December 28--but I am sure this one will stay and bake extra like Big Brother did.  I honestly think Baby #2 is a boy too!  This pregnancy has been very much like my pregnancy with Martin, that is why I think boy!  I guess we will see.  I can't wait to know and get working on a nursery.  Martin will be moving to a different room so the baby can have the nursery.  I hope that this period of transition goes smoothly for everyone involved! 

Martin is already a sweet big brother!  We have been talking about "Baby" a lot, and he will point to my belly and say baby, and even give the baby a kiss.  When we are out around town, and see a baby, Martin always wants to get a closer look.  I hope he stays this happy and interested in a baby when we bring one home!

My brother and his wife Jacci are expecting their first baby, a little girl named Kaylynn Nicole Martin in just a few short weeks, and I can't wait to meet her.  I can't wait to be an Aunt and spoil someone else's baby rotten!  We went home this past weekend to help throw a shower for Jacci and Johnny and everything was great....and she got a lot of nice things for the baby.  We did a luncheon instead of a traditional heavy h'ors doeuvres type party, and it turned out so nice.  Lots of yummy food!  Which is especially good when you are pregnant :)  Win Win Win!


Some of the Shower Guests

Beautiful Tables


Desserts

Another table

Martin and Jacci

Opening gifts

Pink stuff!!

Every baby needs a swing!!

Martin with Uncle Johnny and Aunt Jacci

Fun before the Lake!

Look it's my own personal dockside pool


Relaxing on the Lake!

Why do kids LOVE BOXES so much?

My parents got a new dryer while we were there, so Martin got a new fort!  He loved it, and apparently it was a Papa John and Martin only fort.  When anyone else tried to join in on the fun, he screamed at you "no no no!"  Pardon us for wanting a little fun.  Martin loves being in the Lake.  And, he loves splashing you....but please don't splash him.

He is getting too big for words.  A week or so ago, I told him to say thank you, and he looked me dead in the eyes and said "You're welcome Mama".  I almost fell out.  Yesterday he said to me, "I not big boy", so I asked "well what are you?", and his response was, "I baby".  Oh really child?  I don't think babies speak in sentences.  I cannot believe it is almost this little guy's 2nd birthday!!  Speaking of which, I really need to decide on a theme.  We are awfully obsessed with Elmo and Dinosaurs....so which one?

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  We are busy packing to head to Ohio for a week to visit all of my dad's family.  I can't wait to introduce Martin to everyone. 

1 comment:

Kara Paulk said...

So so happy for you Bec! So sorry we've been playing phone tag. I did "guess" the news and Ryan confirmed that I was not wrong:) I can't wait to find out what Baby #2 is. Lucky for you I have just kinda figured out that sewing machine. Now I have a goal for Christmas - maybe this stocking will turn out better than Martin's did!!! Love you!