Monday, January 17, 2011

Birthday Fun

It was a big weekend in the Benton house. It was my 28th birthday!! And, boy was it great. The best thing about the weekend was that Martin rolled over for the first time. What an awesome birthday present. Bryan was in the nursery on the phone when he did it, and I screamed because I was so excited. It startled Martin and scared Bryan--OOPS!! I got Bryan to get the video camera so we could capture this on video, and Martin rolled over 3 more times before we could get the camera and start recording. We did eventually get it on camera. He is such an amazing little boy and I love every minute with him. He is such a happy baby and I know how blessed I am for this! Some of his favorite things this week include sucking on ANYTHING he can get his hands on. I had him in his bumbo chair with the tray on it and lots of things to play with, and the next time I walked by he had knocked all of the toys off and was chewing on the corner of the tray...what a funny boy!! I think he must be teething--although I hate to say those words because I am afraid of what feeding will be like with teeth- AHH!!! He loves to do superman with his dad (I can't do it as good as Dad because I am not the jolly green giant! He loves to Skype with his Mamie and Papa John (this is great since they are about 4 1/2 hours away and can't see him every day. It is almost as good as the real thing. And, he is really discovering his voice, he oos and coos all day long, it is so funny to listen to. He smiles all of the time, and is just an all in all great baby! I couldn't ask for anything more. Precious, healthy and happy!! And boy is he healthy, we haven't had any illness at all (knock on wood). Going to close by posting some pictures of Martin from the past few weeks. We had lots of snow last week so I will post some pictures of that too.


Martin at my birthday!!! Definitely the best present I got was HIM!!

Yummy Muddy's cupcakes. Grasshoppers are my favorite (chocolate and mint)!!


After the Monday snow. We had about 6 inches and it was beautiful!

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Ooh! That must be chilling. It always snows on my birthday and we party inside the house. It’s amazing every year. This year I will be in LA and I have already started to shortlist one of the finest Los Angeles venues for my birthday party. It is going to be very different this time.